Friday, 9 March 2012

LIBE 467 Lesson 9 - Maps, Atlases and other Geographic Sources

Activity/Discussion: Comparing Atlases and Geographic Resources
            I wasn’t aware that there are so many online geographical resources available.  I will definitely keep this knowledge in mind for my next map related lesson or assignment.  It was interesting exploring the websites on the list and comparing their strengths and weakness.  For my 2 electronic websites I examined were Natural Resources Canada and National Geographic Education.  For my paper atlas I chose Scholastics Children’s Atlas of Canada and for my subscriber based resource I chose World Book Online.
In comparing my response to the Natural Resource Canada critique with my classmates, I noticed that some found it easy to use, while others, like myself, found it difficult to navigate.  I found it completely frustrating that some of the links were loading very slowly or not at all.  I wonder if I accessed the website when it was updating or having server issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment